People often have a misunderstanding that as long as the solar panel is damaged, it can’t work, and naturally it can’t generate any current. The following experiment tells us that this is the beginning of the danger.
How terrible is a broken solar panel? Watch the video below, you will know!
The staff specially took a damaged module for experiment. This photovoltaic module was densely packed with many cracks. The staff connected the solar panel to the circuit. The damaged photovoltaic module output 9A current and the voltage was as high as 650V. It is fatal to the human body, and an arc like flame will also be generated between the positive and negative wires.
If only the surface layer of the tempered glass is damaged, it will not affect the battery, and it is normal for the battery to output power. If the battery is also damaged, it cannot be used.
Of course, the staff also considered this problem. They prepared a solar panel that was burned by more than half of the fire. However, the test found that the panel still leaked, and the voltage was between 12V-15V, and the 12V voltage was under the action of water flow. Jump to 300V, so you should pay attention to the damage of the solar panel, let alone clean it with water.
When the solar panel is damaged and piles up with the rubble of a house, the solar panel may generate electricity when the sun shines on the panel, and it may cause electric shock if touched with bare hands.
(1) Do not touch with bare hands.
(2) Wear insulating gloves such as dry wire gloves or rubber gloves when contacting damaged solar panels during rescue and recovery work.
(3) When multiple solar panels are connected by cables, unplug or cut off the connected cables. If possible, cover the battery panel with a blue tarp or cardboard, or face down to avoid exposure to sunlight.
(4) If possible, wrap the exposed copper wire in the cable section with plastic tape, etc.
(5) When transporting the solar panel to the abandoned place, it is prudent to break the glass with a hammer or the like. In addition, the components of the battery panel are as follows: semi-strengthened glass (thickness about 3mm), battery cells (silicon plate: 10-15cm square, 0.2-0.4mm thick, silver electrodes, solder, copper foil, etc.), transparent resin, white Resin boards, metal frames (mainly aluminum), wiring materials, resin boxes, etc.
(6) At night and when there is no sun after sunset, although the solar panels basically do not generate electricity, they must operate in the same way as when the sun is irradiated.
(1) Even if it has been broken, there is still a risk of electric shock, do not touch it;
(2) To deal with damaged panels, contact the sales contractor to take corresponding countermeasures.